[Question #202362]: Change of /etc/localtime issues

New question #202362 on Duplicity:

Attempting to be a little proactive about the 2012 leap second issue on June 30th, two of our CentOS servers had the /etc/localtime file changed from /usr/share/zoneinfo/America/New_York to /usr/share/zoneinfo/right/America/New_York.   Redhat article on the subject - https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/articles/15145

Since that change our incremental backups stopped working and we ended up with orphaned sets.  Changing the zoneinfo file back resolved the issue.

I couldn't find anything about this but wanted to check if it was known and throw it out here.