Re: [Question #206477]: Does Duplicity check the validity of previous incrementals?

On 23.08.2012 22:16, justink wrote:
> Question #206477 on Duplicity changed:

> justink is still having a problem:
> thanks!
>
> question: does duplicity check that previous incrementals exist at all before a new incremental ?
> -- assume we are not talking about the actual validity of the incremental

actually this doesn't matter. fulls are just incrementals that assume
the whole file changed. the new incremental collects the most recent
rolling checksums (rsync algorithm) needed from the chain and backs up
changed checksums.

why are you asking? ..ede/duply.net