Re: [Question #209588]: gpg says temp file exists already during backup and stops the backup

On 26.09.2012 08:51, Pfitz wrote:
> New question #209588 on Duplicity:
>
> I am trying to do a full backup from my root server to S3. During the backup after a random time the following error occurs:
>
> GPGError: GPG Failed, see log below:
> ===== Begin GnuPG log =====
> gpg: failed to create temporary file `/root/.gnupg/.#lk0x801502790.example.com.57312': File exists
> gpg: Fatal: can't create lock for `/root/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg'
> ===== End GnuPG log =====
>
> 20:11:54.000 Task 'BKP' failed with exit code '31'.
> --- Finished state FAILED 'code 31' at 20:11:54.000 - Runtime 01:23:48.000 ---
>
> I can restart the backup and it will continue from the point where it failed and will have the error some time later. But with this error "active" I can not make an unattended backup and until now I have restarted the backup at least 5 times and it is still uploading. Any ideas how to prevent this gpg error?

please run your backup with maximum verbosity '-v9' and post the
complete output (check for and obfuscate sensitive text in it) to
pastebin or the like.

post the link here..

my guess is your env var for TMP is set to something weird, but i am not
sure.