Re: [MERGE] Corects remote path to have one single slash

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Jed Reynolds <jed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I found that I was not able to interact with Godaddy's ftp-based storage
> with duplicity. Looking further, found the the put() and get() methods in
> ftpbackend were stripping all the starting slashes from the remote path.
> This reflects a python api change, where the call is now lstrip(s, n). I
> did not change the call, because in my experience, expecting the right
> number of slashes is unreliable. Rather, I added '/' to the sprintf
> formatting strings.

Normal FTP does not have the ability to do absolute pathing, thus the
leading slash is removed to force the path into a relative path.  The code
has been working on non-Godaddy systems for years and this change would
break it for current users.

Plus, I would have to reject the patch because it contains tabs instead of
spaces.  Tabs are evil.

...Ken