Re: [Question #236750]: practical limit on the number of incrementals?

gliptak is still having a problem:
Kenneth, how I'm reading your answer is that duplicity might run out of
filehandles when processing (reading and writing?) great number of
incrementals.

So for 1024 handles, what would the risk be acceptable?

I'm trying to learn the "right rotation" using duplicity.

Would an approach of

daily 31
monthly 12
yearly all

be a good one?
(Similar as being described at http://scripts.dragon-it.co.uk/scripts.nsf/docs/batch-backup-with-rotation-and-emails!OpenDocument&ExpandSection=3&BaseTarget=East&AutoFramed and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3481324/script-or-util-to-remove-old-backups )