Re: [Question #239432]: Why duplicity has no option to restore full backups ignoring missing signature files?

On 18.11.2013 23:41, Dan Flexy wrote:
> New question #239432 on Duplicity:
>
> In my case, the signature files were lost (after using --extra-clean without forward-thinking).
>
> But for many, keeping signature files on full backups might make no sense, as this metadata is surplus and only takes valuable disk space (these files could be pretty large!).
>
> So why duplicity is unable to restore full backups when there are no corresponding signature files?
>
> It is very weird, as it is totally capable to do so without these files.
>
> Thank you.

Dan,

can you elaborate? show a duplicity console output of a non working
restore?

you are correct in the assumption that the clean command is merely
supposed to delete files that are not essential to restoring. they are
however needed for performant listing or incremental adding to a backup
chain.