Re: [Question #245196]: Is it possible to remove a specific backup chain?

On 09.03.2014 03:11, Martin Abbrent wrote:
> New question #245196 on Duplicity:
>
> Is it possible to remove a specific backup chain? Or something like "remove-younger-than"? The documentation doesn't mention something like this, so I think there is no proper way.

no, we only have remove-older-* actions

> As workaround, is it possible to remove a backup from the remote backup space? Maybe by removing all files with the same filename prefix. Or will this break the Duplicity index of backups?

yes, but at your own risk. take care not to delete only selected
incremental backups, punching holes in your backup history. if you want
to delete one incr you have to delete all following incr up to the next
full.