Re: Code Coverage

On 15.04.2014 19:21, Michael Terry wrote:

> I'm particularly interested in thinking about ways to mock the remote services needed by the backends.

totally clueless here.. i see no way that we keep/have backend libraries on the test machine and simulate an actual backend or even access a real backend account!

only way i can imagine it that we deal with backend testing within the confines of duplicity. backends could contain triggers to simulate errors ( specific error codes, broken connections ) but i wonder if that's worth the effort. maybe we should stop at testing backend.py after all.

some quick thought ..ede/duply.net