[Question #248111]: Duplicity Adds the same file again after full backup

New question #248111 on Duplicity:

I run a backup on my photo library and since it is the first time duplicity does a full backup.  It successfully finishes by adding all the files and creating the duplicity-full* volumes and duplicity-full-signatures.* files.

Next day I run the backup again, and now duplicity start an incremental backup.   However, this time around, it also adds a lot of files again. These files were already added in the first full backup and have not changed since 2010.

On the third day, I run my backup again and now duplicity is does not add all this files (as it should).

I'm running a rather large set so the double store is a good-sized nuisance.   Any suggestions?  How is duplicity determining that the files change/or don't?

This is running on Ubuntu 12.04 and duplicity 0.6.18 (February 29, 2012) with Python 2.7.3.

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.