Re: [Question #248111]: Duplicity Adds the same file again after full backup

Rodrigo Alvarez is still having a problem:
Dear Edso,

I ran another test after updating to duplicity 0.23 and the issue
persists.

1. I upgraded duplicity, cleaned all out cache and tmp directories and ran a backup.
2. Ran verify
3. Ran a 2nd backup pass
4. Ran a 3rd backup pass.

On the 2nd backup pass, I still observed that about ~180 GB of data was
re-added (as listed in the log and confirmed by looking at the volumes),
even though the 1st pass (and now the verify) state that those files
where there.  The 3rd pass behaved as expected and did not add any
additional files or data.

You had previously asked about which file system I'm running. I have
ext4 on both source and destination.

I've uploaded a new set of logs (~6MB) )to
http://sira.duckdns.org/temp/duplicity_logs_photos_bakup_2014_05_08.tar.gz

Poking into the code, I found that the comparison that triggers the
'delta add' is happening around line 172 of
pyshared/duplicity/diffdir.py, but without much context, I'm worry to
launch into a hacking spree.  I'd be happy to add any debug statements
and rerun.

Best,

+R

On May 7, 2014, at 2:47 AM, edso <question248111@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Your question #248111 on Duplicity changed:
>
> edso proposed the following answer:
> On 07.05.2014 11:21, edso wrote:
>> Question #248111 on Duplicity changed:
>> https://answers.launchpad.net/duplicity/+question/248111
>>
>> edso proposed the following answer:
>> On 07.05.2014 11:06, Rodrigo Alvarez wrote:
>>> Question #248111 on Duplicity changed:
>>> https://answers.launchpad.net/duplicity/+question/248111
>>>
>>> Rodrigo Alvarez posted a new comment:
>>> Hi Edso,  Thanks for the follow up.
>>>
>>> I looked at the commutative file size of all the duplicity-inc* volumes
>>> from my second pass and `du -hs` reports 177GB;  Not what we'd expect
>>> from rdiff/librsync rolling checksums.    I've upgraded to duplicity