restarting

hi Ken,

just thinking again about my idea to implement a
 duplicity copy <srcurl> <trgurl>
and eventually a
 duplicity sync <srcurl> <trgurl>

these actions would be useful to horcrux (distribute) backup or even other data between backends.

in order to successfully mirror/copy a repository i wonder how to best implement a save write command that ensures that the file landed on the backend. as we do not have a generic remote rename command, uploading a part file and renaming it after successful finish is out of question.
a journaled approach, placing a trigger file that signals a file is about to be uploaded, upload it and delete the trigger file afterwards seems a probably solution.

here's the question:
how does the restarting you implemented know that there is an unfinished chain on the backend and at which volume it does have to resume?

thx.. ede

Follow ups