Re: [Question #250357]: FTP fails from root directory

gobbo is still having a problem:
ok, I'll try to clarify:
My FTP server is on my internet router, my machine is a ubuntu server running duplicity.
>From the machine, I can call "ftp" in the terminal and login to the FTP server.
Now when I am logged in, I am in the "root" directory of the FTP server. From there, I am not able to upload files to a subdirectory. But I can first cd to the subdirectory and then upload the file.
That's strange and probably the fault of the FTP server.
The NcFTP is always just logging in and trying to upload from there to a subdir which can be seen in the log:
> ncftpput serverbak/duplicity-full.20140617T120904Z.vol1.difftar.gpg: server said: Permission denied.
So eventually my guess is that I "just" need to find the place (in the code) where duplicity is logging in and add a "cd serverbak" or the like there, and omit the directory in the ftp://...-location.
Hope it became a little more clear, and thanks again for your help :)