[Question #252898]: ImportError (progress) when setting up for development

New question #252898 on Duplicity:

Hello,

I'm wanting to try to help out with development (I'll be starting very small), but am struggling a little to get set up.

I am following the instructions in README-REPO:
==
REPO README - Notes for people checking out of Launchpad (bzr)

Getting duplicity to run:
-------------------------

By the numbers:
1) Do the checkout while in a location called $DUP_ROOT:
        bzr lp:duplicity .          [for the dev branch]
   -OR- bzr lp:duplicity/stable .   [for the stable branch]
2) cd $DUP_ROOT/duplicity
3) run "python compilec.py" to create _librsync.so
4) cd ..
5) run "./bin/duplicity -V". You will see "duplicity $version" instead
of the normal version number. Versioning comes during the release.

Everything seems to work fine until I get to step 5, when I receive an ImportError:
~/Programming/duplicity/trunk$ ./bin/duplicity -V
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/duplicity", line 56, in <module>
    from duplicity import progress
ImportError: cannot import name progress

Sorry if this is a really obvious question.