Re: [Question #253609]: Amazone S3 Connection Reset by peer

Northrock requested more information:
We're in the final stage of uploading a very large backup to S3 and
while committing the signature file we started seeing "Connection reset
by peer" (we pre-set a larger number of retries).  While watching the
retries continue to fail I found this post.  Our files are quite a bit
larger:

-rw------- 1 root root      736416 Oct 17 06:12 duplicity-full.20141011T024928Z.manifest.part
-rw------- 1 root root 21287868023 Oct 17 06:41 duplicity-full-signatures.20141011T024928Z.sigtar.gpg
-rw------- 1 root root 27911208960 Oct 17 06:12 duplicity-full-signatures.20141011T024928Z.sigtar.part
-rw-r--r-- 2 root root           0 Oct 11 02:49 lockfile.lock

This backup set took about a week and incurred high expense in data
transfer cost from the source location.

I'm assuming the thousands of archive files are perfectly fine up in S3
now (250M each and went surprisingly well), but I expect the process to
ultimately fail when the retry count is reached committing the signature
file.

Is there a way I can manually commit this particular backup set to S3
and continue with this full backup going forward?  It would be quite
costly for us to have to restart this in smaller sets at this point.

Thank you.