Re: [Question #253609]: Amazone S3 Connection Reset by peer

Northrock posted a new comment:
As a BTW would I be correct in thinking that having the manifest and
signature files on s3 are needed only if the local cache files are
missing i.e. incremental backups and restoration can continue without
those files saved remotely as long as a local cache exists?  … al a
local manifest and signatures with remote archives?  (then I could nurse
those files as necessary etc).

Notice duplicity-full-signatures.20141011T024928Z.sigtar.gpg and
duplicity-full-signatures.20141011T024928Z.sigtar.gpg.part are also
different sizes.

Does .part mean that the file was just queued for transfer (locked
state), or is it suspect?  Should I just remove .part from the manifest
filename?

My command:

duplicity \
    --num-retries 20 \
    --archive-dir "~/.cache/duplicity/" \
    --tempdir "/tmp" \
    --s3-use-new-style \
    --exclude "**cyrus.squat" \
    --file-prefix-archive "_" \
    --include-globbing-filelist "duplicity.list" \
    --exclude "**" \
    --encrypt-key {removed} \
    --volsize 256 \
    --verbosity 5 \
    ${SOURCE} ${DEST} > ${DAILYLOGFILE} 2>&1

I assume the stats from this first big job are lost.

PS: Thanks for the tip on re-checking the archives… there are about
3,000+ of them.

Thank you.