Re: [Question #256248]: duplicity can use external compression program as pigz (for speed up)?

On 27.10.2014 12:02, Shevtsov-anton wrote:
> New question #256248 on Duplicity:
>
> I use duplicity 0.6.20 (centos 5), duplicity 0.6.22 (centos 6)
>
> If i replace Gzip to Pigz
>
> mv /bin/gzip  /bin/gzip.bak
> ln -s  /usr/bin/pigz /bin/gzip
>
> The speed of the increase? Or duplicity can use system gzip ?

duplicity uses

- gpg's encryption feature unless --no-encryption is given
- python's gzip capabilities unless --no-compression is given (be aware that --no-compression is currently broken)

to answer your question - no.