[Question #256329]: Duration of verifying

New question #256329 on Duplicity:

Hi
I've made a backup of all my pictures and uploaded them to my server (externally hosted). The total size is 22GB and I have 914 backup files. I'm doing a test-verification and it seems as I have to download 914 files to check?! Is that possible? I've started the check a while ago and now I'm here:

Processed volume 18 of 914

Am I doing something wrong or is it supposed to be this way? I hoped that verifying is a really quickly done task. Is there any way I can speed this up? Else this is useless to me if every verification takes hours to complete :/
Thanks!