Re: [Question #256351]: Error with dropbox backend after upgrade to 0.7.0

On 29.10.2014 14:31, cp wrote:
> New question #256351 on Duplicity:
>
> Hi!
>
> After upgrading to 0.7.0 my dropbox backend seems to be broken. When I try to backup to dropbox duplicity states the following error:
> Attempt 1 failed. ErrorResponse: [403] u"Invalid app key (consumer key). Check your app's configuration to make sure everything is correct."
> Attempt 2 failed. ErrorResponse: [403] u"Invalid app key (consumer key). Check your app's configuration to make sure everything is correct."
> Attempt 3 failed. ErrorResponse: [403] u"Invalid app key (consumer key). Check your app's configuration to make sure everything is correct."
> Attempt 4 failed. ErrorResponse: [403] u"Invalid app key (consumer key). Check your app's configuration to make sure everything is correct."

seems like the dropbox app key hardcoded into the backend became
invalid.

try to create your own and add it manually to the backend python file.

> Any way to fix this? I already tried reinstalling duplicity with no luck.
> Btw.: I get another error message too Import of duplicity.backends.ftpsbackend Failed: the scheme ftps already has a backend associated with it. Backup to ftp server fails too.

probably a bug due to retiring ncftp backend. will have a look at that.
for now if you need ftp, use 0.6.25