Re: [Question #261358]: limit incremental backup to list of changed files

On 28.01.2015 20:51, Thomas Tanner wrote:
> New question #261358 on Duplicity:
>
> Hi,
> I'd like to speed up incremental backups by using a list of created/modified/deleted files generated by fswatch
> http://emcrisostomo.github.io/fswatch/
>
> Is there a simple way to specify this file list?

no, currently not ;(

> AFAIK --include-filelist would delete all unchanged files from the backup in this case.

yes, it would.

usually the slow part with duplicity isn't the backup creation, but it's
transfer to the backend. did you at some point compare backup times from
the same source to either local file and a remote location, to get a
feel?

problem is that duplicity is not really multithreading, so it waits for
transfers to succeed and resumes scanning thereafter until it has enough
diff for the next volume. the asynchronous option does tackle this, but
only for one volume scanning, while the previous is still transmitting.