Re: [Question #264755]: ubuntu14.04 LTS / duplicity 0.6.23 / hash trouble when trying to restore

Andreas posted a new comment:
Yes, it stops and exits.
backup created using 0.6.23, restore attempt using 0.6.23, then 0.7.02 (the one above is from that version).

Fortunately, I managed to manually restore most of the archive. But at
least 4 volumes were corrupt (luckily containing data that I had on
older backups... sigh...).

I have tried a rerun of the above using verbosity 9, but now it would not work at all.  It now says files were missing (not volumes, some other cryptic stuff I don't recognise in first place). I don't think there have been any changes to (or in) the folder where those volumes are stored. But it breaks.
I don't really need a solution (to the original problem) as I have a full restore now. But if you still would like to figure out what went wrong I will submit any information that you need to sort this out. In the end, it would be nice if this piece of software could be improved to make it more reliable.

Cheers, Andreas.