Re: rsync contribution

It's not an ongoing source of money.  So doing something permanently useful
(like paying for a live test Amazon S3 account) wouldn't be good.

It's not an enormous amount of money.  Not enough to pay a developer for
long.  Not enough to buy a new machine (and not like duplicity development
really requires a screaming machine).

I think keeping the money and buying margaritas would be fine.  You've
earned it.  :)

But the most useful thing I can think of would be offering a bounty.
Either for bugs/features (do we have any we really want fixed?) or my
personal favorite, a $500 bounty for the first data loss bug discovery &
fix (much like how Google pays out for security bugs in Chrome).  (We'd
need to really define what a data loss bug is for the purposes of the
bounty, but I bet we could do that.)

-mt