[Question #271797]: Best options for large backup occupying all bandwidth?

New question #271797 on Duplicity:

Hello!

I have set up and tested duplicity and am now going to use it to make a large back up (c. 100 GB) to Amazon S3. The first full backup will obviously take a long time and therefore I plan to run it at night. At this time I can occupy all of my bandwidth so I would like to maximize this. What would be the best options for me to use to do this?

Looking in the manual I see

--s3-use-multiprocessing

--s3-multipart-chunk-size

--volsize

It seems I can use the first option (--s3-use-multiprocessing)  but I am unclear how to combine the second two options to maximize the speed of the upload.

Could anybody kindly advise?

With thanks, Martin

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.