Re: [Question #273909]: duplicity package license other backend

Description changed to:
I have coded a patch to support backend with  alicloud archive storage
service(OAS) and alicloud storage service(OSS).

The patch adjust backend object methods(like _put, _list), and also
added method like _archive, _inventory to support OAS, so I won't send
pull request to duplicity branch currently(in the future I will).

Right now ,   I want some final users to use duplicity backup there data
into OAS/OSS,  to make them easy to install , I want to make deb
package, brew package(for mac), rpms for them.

My question is  if I can use duplicity source(0.7.5) code with my patch
to build a package named like 'adup'(to avoid conflict with  the current
duplicity released) to gnu packages source or homebrew?

Or if I can create a python package in pypi with a name like 'adup',
then users maully install the dependent packages and adup python package
to use duplicity.

I didn't find the place to put my patch , so if needed patch , I can
send email or paste all in this board.

Thank You All to answers my question. Waiting your help.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.