Re: [Question #275294]: Can't restore backup: KeyError: 1

Duplicity only looks for the presence of difftar files that fit in the
backup set.  The assumption is that all files were successfully written.
At some point we should close that gap.

One question, when you upgraded from source, did you first remove the
repository version?  It's entirely possible that the install from source
put the duplicity files in a non-default place.  That can cause all sorts
of issues since each distro seems to differ on file hierarchy.