Re: [Question #280244]: Can I run a non-encrypted incremental on top of an encrypted set?

On 29.12.2015 09:27, Rodrigo Alvarez wrote:
> New question #280244 on Duplicity:
>
> My needs have changed and I no longer need to encrypt my backups.  However, I have full backups and some incremental backups on top of these full backups that started out being encrypted.   Can I run a non-encrypted incremental backups on top of the initially encrypted full/incremental set?
>
> The rational for removing encryption now is to speed up the process and overall simplify it.

usually you would have to start a new full. however, try running
collection-status or file listing with --no-encryption. if that works
you might try adding a new incremental.

as backups are meant to be safe i strongly suggest to start the new
full, as this is the proven working way.

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.