Re: [Question #284756]: Python segfaults reliably mid-backup on OS X (Duplicity 0.7.06)

Jonathan Elchison posted a new comment:
I concur with edso.  Loosely speaking, Duplicity is a user of Python,
and respects its interfaces.  Python's interaction with librsync is the
interface under question.  Asking Duplicity to perform version checking
on an item further down the stack breaks abstraction/interface rules.

Artur, if you're interested in helping push this problem through, I
don't think homebrew is the right place to go.  I encourage you to pick
up the discussion with the librsync folks at
https://github.com/librsync/librsync/issues/50.  They're currently
looking for a portable way to unit test the proposed solution.  Perhaps
you can lend a hand if you have a reliable and reproducible test case?

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.