Re: [Question #288602]: Duplicity backup with gpg failing

On 14.03.2016 15:07, Hnyk Daniel wrote:
> New question #288602 on Duplicity:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make a backup using Duplicity. I generate the key, I can start the first backup, but this backup fails after few successfully backup parts for lost connection (which doesn't make sense - the connection is reliable and SSH has keepTimeAlive set to 100s).
>
> Anyway, when I want to restart the backup again, it never runs - it fails on gpg verification, even though it's nonsense (I am using still the same key, same command)...
>
> I have tried it twice with new set of keys, but still the same result. Weird think is that when I generate the key and then run the script, it doesn't ask for a passphrase. But on a second run it does.

asymmetric encryption only needs the passphrase for decryption w/ the
private key, but not for the encryption with the public key.

on resume, the last volume is decrypted just to make sure that you
didn't change the encryption settings inbetween.

what is your duplicity version? ..ede

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.