Re: [Question #289684]: duplicity URL & variable parsing (webDAV) in shell-script

nomennominatur confirmed that the question is solved:
# Red face department: With the syntax you supplied, everything works fine! Sorry for having bothered you.
# Thank you for taking the time to help a non-pro.

(a)
> which RFC would that be
OK, I do seem to have misread the discussion on http://bugs.python.org/issue1698

(b)
> make sure to url encode the @, the above is clearly breaking the standard
I obviously encoded the wrong '@' (the second one), as I was confused by the syntax...

(c)
> try
> FTP_PASSWORD='supersecretpass'
> duplicity /source webdavs://user%40host.tld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx/targetfolder
Backend accepts FTP_PASSWORD, indeed.

(d)
> make sure you use a recent duplicity. either 0.6.26 or the latest 0.7.x ..ede/duply.net
Since I am on Ubuntu Server LTS 14.04, I am using duplicity 0.6.23, but as above, it works fine.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.