Re: [Question #284247]: Move to GitHub

Aaron Whitehouse posted a new comment:
I think that I mentioned this somewhere else, but my main issue with
GitHub is that it is not open source.

GitLab is an open core equivalent if the aim is to go for a Git-based repository etc:
https://b.agilob.net/choose-gitlab-for-your-next-project
I can understand that someone who is used to Git wouldn't want to learn Bazaar.

I'm less worried about people not having accounts to file bugs/fork
projects and submit code. It seems like a pretty small overhead and only
happens when the person is relatively motivated to proceed. I can't
imagine many developers decide which projects to contribute to based on
where they are hosted -- It is obviously annoying, but I don't think
that should be why we move.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.