Python 2.7+ for 0.8 series?

Hello all,

Does anybody have any objections to dropping Python 2.6 support in the 0.8 series and making the requirements 2.7+? Even Ubuntu Precise (12.04) is running Python 2.7.3.

I have been considering redoing the commandline parsing to move from optparse to argparse, as the former is now deprecated:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1480565
but argparse is only available in 2.7+. Some of the unittesting stuff is awkward in 2.6 as well and we currently have different import statements for Python 2.6.

Is there any good reason for maintaining 2.6 support?

Kind regards,

Aaron