Re: [Question #295948]: Failed backups: /etc/.pwd.lock

Aaron Whitehouse requested more information:
Interesting, thanks.

The backup program in Ubuntu is called Deja Dup and you are correct that
it uses duplicity. I would like to narrow down whether the problem is in
Deja Dup or duplicity. Are you able to find the duplicity command that
Deja Dup is running? You may be able to find that by running Deja Dup
from the terminal. If you can please paste that here, that would be
helpful.

Even more helpful would be if you can please copy and paste that command
into the terminal and run it directly, to see if that also fails. Please
add "--verbosity 9" to the command to increase the messages that
duplicity spits out. Please also copy and paste the output here so that
we can try to see what's going on.

I made some changes that are included in the 0.7.08 release relating to
the errors on locked files, so it would also be interesting to downgrade
your duplicity to an earlier version (anything released before June
should be fine). I suspect doing that would solve your immediate
problem, but it would be great if you could help us solve the problem
properly. Once I have enough information to replicate the issue at my
end, I should be able to fix it for you.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.