Re: [Question #295948]: Failed backups: /etc/.pwd.lock

Aaron Whitehouse posted a new comment:
Hi DiagonalArg,

> I didn't install any versions. This is what came with Ubuntu 16.04 Gnome:
> Version: 0.7.08-0ubuntu1ppa1227~ubuntu16.04.1

I'm pretty sure that you must have added the duplicity PPA for that version:
https://launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

as the version that comes with 16.04 is (http://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/duplicity ):
0.7.06-2ubuntu2

That doesn't mean that you've done anything wrong, as the behaviour in
this area shouldn't have changed between those two versions, but could
give you an easy solution if you revert back to the system version.

I've run the latest (trunk) version of duplicity against my /etc/ (which
has some locked files) and it gives an error count, but duplicity exits
with a zero exit code. I'm trying to replicate this locally, haven't
yet.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.