Re: [Question #404018]: Forced disconnect of my internet connection during backup

On 15.11.2016 09:23, nils wrote:
> Question #404018 on Duplicity changed:
>
> nils gave more information on the question:
> I was just about to add some more functionality for retrying in case of a disconnect to the SSH backend but would like to clarify a thing from a design perspective:
>>From what I understand it is not the responsibility of the dedicated backend to retry a put/get in case of an error as this logic seems to be contained in backend.py. Is this correct? If yes, I'll just make sure that the functions will work after a reconnect without adding any additional logic on retries.....

correct, each backend is autowrapped with backend.BackendWrapper, which
holds the retry logic itself.

while you are at it, it might be nice to make the retry delay
configurable. could you please add a cmd line parameter '--backend-
retry-delay' in duplicity/commandline.py,globals.py and use it in
backend.BackendWrapper ?

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.