Re: [Question #404018]: Forced disconnect of my internet connection during backup

On 15.11.2016 14:17, nils wrote:
> Question #404018 on Duplicity changed:
>
> nils posted a new comment:
> You are right. That's a relict from my first attempt to solve the issue. I just removed it.

it's not a good idea either. the service (google web server in that
case) might be out of order for other reasons than your uplink being
down. so it's no sure way to detect anything.

the the established approach in other backends is to check the
socket/auth and recreate it as needed, as you eventually did as well.

> Regarding the configurable delay: That sounds like a very good idea. I'll look into it as soon as I did some paid work ;-) I have also some loose plans to update the Dropbox backend to the latest Dropbox SDK.

sounds good.. ede

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.