Re: [Merge] lp:~mwilck/duplicity/0.7-series into lp:duplicity/0.7-series

Martin,

afaiu gpg2+ _always_ uses the agent if input is necessary. that's why the manpage contained, auntil you removed
"
GnuPG 2 and newer ignore this option and will always use a running
.B gpg-agent
if no passphrase was delivered.
"
this is because the passphrase input routines got moved from gpg into gpg-agent.

additionally if we want gpg to ask for a passphrase and block the process we need to deliver '--pinentry-mode=loopback', which seems to be used in the current gpg.py
  http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/duplicity/gpg.py#L142

1.
why did your earlier patch use '--pinentry-mode=cancel'?

2.
please check if gpg2.1 does start a gpg-agent. according to my tests a gpg-agent instance is started and keeps lingering if not killed manually.

..ede/duply.net