[Question #654243]: pypi package

New question #654243 on Duplicity:

616/5000
Is there any reason why there are no pypi packages? I created only (I have only commented out SDistCommand in setup.py). I do not see problems. Pypi repositories provide software availability independent of the operating system. There is no need to use Ubuntu. This will allow you to use the latest version of the application more widely.

This would allow for frequent updates, also in compiled form (see "manylinux"). I do not know the Launchpad environment, but usually it is implemented by CI.

It is worth mentioning that for the "youtube-dl" program, using the pypi repository is the primary form of software distribution.

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.