Re: [Question #654413]: Feature request: back up some files as full every time

On 31.07.2017 22:03, Frank Bicknell wrote:
> New question #654413 on Duplicity:
>
> Some files, like virtual machine images, are very large and take a really long time (many hours) to back up incrementally when the file has changed since the last backup.
>
> Would it be possible to somehow flag certain files as "full backup only" instead of having duplicity try to wedge in the changes to an incremental backup?
>
> The rest of the backup would still be incremental, but flagged files would just get a full copy every time.
>
> Seems to me this would apply in some circumstances.

hey Frank,

the idea if incrementals itself is meant to speed up the backup
(duplicity's librsync eg. uses the rolling checksum
https://rsync.samba.org/tech_report/node3.html).

can you tell why you assume that backing up fully would be faster? did
you do tests?

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.