Re: [Question #658091]: Why does duplicity ask for passwd when --encrypt-key + --sign-key is used???

On 9/18/2017 20:53, ardabro wrote:
> Question #658091 on Duplicity changed:

> ardabro is still having a problem:
> Does it mean, that duplicity will ask me for this "unnecessary" password when I resume interrupted process?

no, it will ask you for the proper passphrase or it won't proceed,
because the old encryption does not match the new encryption.

> Does it mean that during a process of backing-up some of my files are
encrypted symmetrically for a while?

no.

> If it has to ask me for a password when resuming - why cannot ask me
for password to my private key?

it does.

> What the advantage of using temporary password over encrypting
everything asymmetrically from the beginning to the end?

there is no temp passphrase. just because you can give junk when it is
not neeed does not mean the junk is used.

> Sorry, but I don't grasp this idea. It looks strange.

better now? ..ede/duply.net

PS: Ken?

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.