Re: [Question #659626]: S3 data transfer out - getObject requests

Description changed to:
I have Duplicity running nightly backups of 7 servers and I'm seeing
very high S3 costs of $400 a month that I didn't expect.

After investigating with Amazon's cost explorer I noticed those costs
are almost all due to the large amount of 'data transfer out, getObject
requests'.

I'm not restoring any data, so why is Duplicity doing so many getObject
requests to S3?

I noticed that I might have misconfigured the amount of backup cycles a
bit, could that be the reason?

First my config was as follows:

MAX_AGE=2M
MAX_FULL_BACKUPS=2
MAX_FULLS_WITH_INCRS=1
MAX_FULLBKP_AGE=1M
VOLSIZE=250

I have now changed it to this:

MAX_AGE=6M
MAX_FULL_BACKUPS=2
MAX_FULLS_WITH_INCRS=1
# Deactivated this
#MAX_FULLBKP_AGE=1M
VOLSIZE=250

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.