Re: [Question #660463]: Interest in refactoring dup_time.py

Aaron Whitehouse proposed the following answer:
Dear Konstantin,

Many thanks for your intended contribution to the project. As Kenneth
says, this would be greatly appreciated.

I think refactoring is extremely important and something I spend a bit
of time on. There are quite a few areas where the code can be
dramatically improved, which helps newcomers and makes it easier for
those more familiar to make changes without breaking a bunch of things.
I also think that refactoring an existing module with extensive test
cases is a good way to get up to speed with the codebase.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/README-REPO
Describes checking out the code and starting.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/README-TESTING
Describes how to test your code. For what you are doing you should not need the docker containers and the tox method makes sense. Please run all tests on your branch (testing/run-tests) before proposing a merge, to ensure that all tests pass.

When you come to commit, please commit to lp:duplicity, which is the
0.8-series (for new code/features).

I will propose this as the answer to close this ticket off, but please do ask any questions on the duplicity mailing list: