Re: Need help with bug: can't start new thread

On 15.03.2018 12:49, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I need your help on https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1727653. ; I thought it was a resource problem, and it may still be.  This appears to happen on the 17.x series of Ubuntu, with it's mix of inetd and systemd permissionsk and limits.  I've suggested changes to both sides and it's not working.  I'm thinking there may be some sort of resource limit I'm missing, but I'm just not seeing it.  Or perhaps there's a threading change needed.  Just don't know.

Ken,

i can't see that anyone checked/raised '/proc/sys/kernel/threads-max' in the autostart environment as suggested here
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43560230/thread-error-cant-start-new-thread
in the ticket.

also a debug out of threading.active_count() just before spawing might shed some light on the issue.

..ede