Re: [Merge] lp:~dawgfoto/duplicity/fixup1252 into lp:duplicity

The manifest check was in the original code I inherited.  It's the only
file verified physically against the remote, the rest are hash based.  That
verification has not caused many problems, and to my knowledge, has
detected very few comparison errors, so maybe it should just go away now.

As to hash checking on the remote, it's really not possible with the dumb
remotes we use.  We only use list/del/read/write.  Kinda minimal by design.

To answer @ede's question:  The corruption would most likely be a
truncation, not a bit flip.  As such, we would not have the hashes of the
diffdir volumes to compare against.  I've never tried to run an incremental
or a restore with the check disabled and a known corrupted manifest.  Could
be interesting to try.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~dawgfoto/duplicity/fixup1252/+merge/343816
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~dawgfoto/duplicity/fixup1252 into lp:duplicity.