Re: [Question #668404]: Does duplicity modify atime?

On 30.04.2018 02:52, Tim wrote:
> New question #668404 on Duplicity:
>
> My data resides on a SSD and — thanks to Write Amplification — any modification of an atime will result in not only the inode being modified, but the whole block that it resides on being erased and rewritten. That is, obviously, undesirable.
>
> When Duplicity backs up files, does it modify the atime attribute of the source files in the process?

afaik. atime is a file system feature, which needs to be disabled in the
file system as a mount option if it is not wanted (noatime, nodiratime).
not sure what the implications for a system disk are though if you do
so.

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.