Re: [Question #668404]: Does duplicity modify atime?

On 30.04.2018 11:22, Tim wrote:
> Question #668404 on Duplicity changed:

> Tim is still having a problem:
> Yes, atime is a filesystem feature.  But it is possible to
> programatically read and store the original atime, then read the file,
> then restore the original atime — using utimes() — such that atime
> effectively does not change.  I am wondering if Duplicity 'preserves'
> the original atime in such a manner.

given the age of the original source i'd guess not. if you really want to know you can easily check the sources yourself, or easier create a test dataset. back it up and check atimes before and after.

@Ken: do you know it off the top of your head?