Re: [Merge] lp:~mgorse/duplicity/0.8-series into lp:duplicity

> But then an alternative would be to target all 3.5+ versions (ie, py35, py36,
> and py37)

I think ideally we would be testing against the specific Python 3 version that was the lowest we support. When we last discussed this, we were planning to do 3.4+ on the basis that that is the Python 3 version in 14.04 (which we still make packages for). I'm inclined to make this 3.5+ now, as Trusty goes EOL in April and Xenial is 16.04 is 3.5 and we will be running Python 2 and 3 in parallel until at least then.

We risk ending up incorporating features that came in after 3.5 if we are all testing on different versions. I guess the ideal would be to use "py3" in tox, so that nobody had to do any special config, but 3.5 in CI infrastructure.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~mgorse/duplicity/0.8-series/+merge/359864
Your team duplicity-team is requested to review the proposed merge of lp:~mgorse/duplicity/0.8-series into lp:duplicity.