Re: [Question #677223]: Using $HOME variable in exlude-filelist file

On 12/29/2018 10:17 PM, hanzomon4 wrote:
> New question #677223 on Duplicity:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on a backup script and would like to use $HOME  in my --exclude-filelist file instead of full paths.
>
> for example:
> - $HOME/.cache instead of /home/my_home_folder/.cache
>
> No matter how I try writing the path duplicity never expands the variable. Using a environment variable in the exlude file isn't outlined under the File Selections section of the man page. I assume that means I can't use $HOME in the way I want but thought I'd ask before going to plan b.

yes. the exclusion files do not expand env vars. but how about

- /home/*/.cache

?
that should work without having to know which users home. alternatively simply place duplicity's archive folder somewhere else.

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.