[Question #677428]: "Restore" gives the following:Failed to read /tmp/duplicity-Rtd2wO-tempdir/mktemp-67n08q-1. Can I recover any of my data?

New question #677428 on Duplicity:

I backed-up my home folder with Ubuntu "Backup" prior to re-installing Ubuntu18.04.1. After installation, attempting to restore my data gave the following:

Failed to read /tmp/duplicity-Rtd2wO-tempdir/mktemp-67n08q-1: (<type 'exceptions.IOError'>, IOError('Not a gzipped file',), <traceback object at 0x7f7dae2aa680>)

I have 4 timed backups on the back-up disk and all gave the same error. Is there any way that I could restore at least some of my folder, or have I destroyed my system?

--
You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.