Re: [Question #670362]: sftp backend ssh options

On 01.03.2019 14:17, Peter Unthahorsten wrote:
> Question #670362 on Duplicity changed:
>
> Peter Unthahorsten proposed the following answer:
> I'd like to backup via sftp going through an http proxy as well.
> Apparently Paramiko.connect has a "socket" parameter that could be used therefore.
> See https://docs.paramiko.org/en/2.4/api/client.html
> That parameter would receive its value from Paramiko.ProxyCommand() as explained here:
> https://www.programcreek.com/python/example/52881/paramiko.ProxyCommand
>
> Hoping that this would help using the ProxyCommand of the OpenSSH
> config.

Peter,

seems not to be implemented in
  https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~duplicity-team/duplicity/0.8-series/view/head:/duplicity/backends/ssh_paramiko_backend.py

two ways to go.

A.
try to add it locally and provide a patch or even better a bzr branch.

or

B.
use the legacy pexpect+sftp:// backend utilizing cmd line ssh binaries which should support proxying out of the box.

You received this question notification because your team duplicity-team
is an answer contact for Duplicity.