Dropbox dependency version locked at 6.9.0

All,

We currently lock our python dropbox version to 6.9.0 in the requirements.txt.
After a bit of looking around, I think this may have been added because of this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/1639664
and never removed, even though that bug was fixed.
I do not use Dropbox for duplicity and so cannot easily test this. I am currently packaging duplicity into a snap (more on that very soon) and am not at all keen on locking us to an old version of this, but I do not want to break things for people either. Can somebody who uses dropbox with duplicity please tell me which version of the python dropbox library they are using?
Many thanks,
Aaron