Re: Progress on 0.8.0

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 3:41 AM Aaron <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hello Ken (and others),
>
> On 2019-05-14 17:01, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
>
> > As of this moment I am having troubles getting tests to pass cleanly on
> py2 or py3.
> Do we know when these stopped passing properly? Are you still running
> ./run-tests before each merge into trunk?
>
> I also had to change setup.py to run on Python 2.7+ as well as 3.5+.

Already have that fixed in setup.py and tox.ini.  Anyplace else?

I *usually* run .run_tests before merging into trunk.  I need to pull the
latest and double check.

> On py2 I cannot get *past* to import even though it's in tox and local
> site-packages.  This causes all of the functional tests to fail.
>
> Do we need this on Py2? Isn't it to provide Python 2-equivalent
> functionality in Python 3? Can we put the import within a test for Python
> version (and then obviously in future move over to using Python 3
> constructs).

Yes, past.old_div() is used in multiple modules to keep away from py3's
broken division.

> > On py3 there is at least on test failing,
> *test_globmatch.TestGlobToRegex,*
>
> On a quick look this is a simple fix -- looks as though this is just about
> escape characters in the string being treated differently.

OK, could you fix provide a patch?  Have not looked at it.

...Thanks,
...Ken

Follow ups